Appearance: Light Blue Purple Fine Powder
Specification: 80-200 Mesh
Shelf life: 2 Years
Certificate: EU Organic/FDA/ISO/Kosher/Halal
Stock: In Stock
Butterfly pea extract powder is one of the best natural blue pigments for beverages and food. It is made from dried flowers of clitoria ternatea, which is also called blue pea, butterfly pea, asian pigeonwings, bluebellvine, cordofan pea and darwin pea.
The butterfly pea flower powder is water soluble and it is free of calories, fat and sugar. The blue color is from the main ingredient anthocyanin. PH value can change the color of butterfly pea flower powder in the solution. When the solution is acidic, the color will change to purple, even red; while the solution is alkaline, the color will be green.
Place of Origin
≤ 10.0 mg/kg
≤ 2.0 mg/kg
≤ 1.0 mg/kg
1. Strengthens the hair for healthy hair growth.
2. Prevents skin bruising.
3. Keeps skin glowing and healthy.
4. Treats urinary problems.
5. Improves eyesight and night vision.
6. Treats eye infections.
7. Stimulates blood circulation.
8. Detoxifies the whole body.
9. Provides antioxidants.
10. Slows aging process.
11. Enhances immune system.
1. Butterfly Pea Extract Powder is used as a natural food colouring.
2. In cooking, the powder is used to colour glutinous rice.
3. In Kelantan, east part of Malaysia, by adding a few buds of this flower in a pot while cooking white rice will add bluish tint on the rice which is served with other side dishes and such meal is called nasi kerabu.
4. In Thailand, a syrupy blue drink is made called nam dok anchan , it is sometimes consumed with a drop of sweet lime juice to increase acidity and turn the juice into pink-purple.
5. In Burmese and Thai cuisines, the flowers are also dipped in batter and fried.
6. Butterfly pea flower tea is made from the ternatea flowers and dried lemongrass and changes color depending on what is added to the liquid, with lemon juice turning it purple.
Previous: No Information